Guatemala Spring Break 2020
Dates & Times
Mar 14-20, 20208:00am - 8:00pm
About This Mission
WaterStone Students will partner with the ongoing efforts of Fellowship Espanol of NEXT Worldwide/East-West Ministries Intl. in Antigua, Guatemala, seeking to impact the nation with the love of Jesus.
NEXT Worldwide partners with national coordinators Eli Larios and Jose Mazariegos to train leaders and plant churches in and around Guatemala City, Antigua and Chimaltenango. Eli, Jose, and a team of planters are working on the frontlines of planting churches throughout Guatemala, primarily where there is little or no gospel presence. Furthermore, a large portion of the population does not realize that you can know Jesus on a personal level.
NEXT Worldwide/East-West Ministries Intl. seeks to impact the community through service. The team may participate in a variety of different ministry areas, including the following: community outreach, church plant support and group street evangelism using "The Gospel Keys."
We invite you to join us in covering this outreach in prayer, as well as prayerfully consider how you can make an impact in this outreach. Whether you are donating to send someone else on this trip or you feel called to participate, we want you to be involved!
**Payment deadlines must be met in order to participate in this trip. Therefore, payments are non-refundable, and failure to meet these deadlines will result in the removal of a team member and/or the cancellation of the trip.
Registration deadline is August 1, 2019.
What are the accommodations?
Their Mission House
What will we eat?
A mixture of local cuisine and American dishes.
What should I bring?
Attire is conservative. Please bring at least two outfits for church services and casual clothing for the other ministry opportunities. Women may wear shorts and dresses that cover the knees and shoulders should be covered. Men can wear shorts or long pants and tee shirts. Your team leader will advise you more about clothing requirements during team meetings.
What does the trip cost include?
The trip cost covers the airfare and 1 checked bag (no more than 50 pounds), lodging, ground transportation, pre-trip training books, leadership training books and ministry materials (backpack, water bottle, t-shirt, Gospel Keys, 2 Trip Guides, etc.) all food (except for two traveling days), and the translating and guide team services. This does not cover the cost of a passport or any immunizations that the registrants' family physicians may advise.
Mission Trip Facts:
Departs: March 14, 2020
Returns: March 20, 2020
Registration Deposit: $100
$100 Deposit at Registration
$200 Due by September 15, 2019
$725 Due by October 15, 2019
$725 (or balance) due by February 15
$1750 Total Trip
A template fundraising letter will be provided as well as social media promotional templates to help garner support. However, fundraising will be an independent part of this journey and the church is not organizing special fundraisers outside of our Family First Golf Tournament, as we do not do this with any of our other mission trips. We will divide the proceeds from the golf tournament among students evenly. This amount is TBD. Parents and student leaders may possibly receive funds from the tournament depending on the amount raised, but it is not a guarantee and they should be prepared to fundraise the entire trip cost as specified.
MANDATORY Pre-trip Training Meeting Dates:
There are two mandatory meetings. This first is the initial orientation on Sunday, August 18 in the Worship Center from 1 - 2 PM. You will get to meet our East-West Ministries leader via Skype on the big screen. The second is a day-long pre-trip training on a Saturday held in January. Lunch will be provided at no cost. Exact date TBD.
- Register via WaterStone's online link (this site).
- Register via NEXT Worldwide's Link (this link is sent to you after registration).
- Complete all online NEXT Worldwide forms and requirements, including passport upload (PDF or JPG), NEXT background check, emergency contact info, and notarized release form.
- NEXT Worldwide does not require immunizations, but please check with your doctor for any necessary immunizations or the CDC's RECOMMENDED LIST.
- WaterStone Church membership is NOT required.
- All middle school students MUST have a parent or legal guardian attend with them. No exceptions. High school students may come without a parent, but all parents are welcome to register for the team.
- Attend all pre-trip training meetings.
- Passports are required and take 4-6 weeks to receive. CLICK HERE FOR PASSPORTS. If you don't have a passport, you'll need to apply by March 6 to participate on this trip.
- All fundraising and deposits paid are non-refundable. We are committed to another organization and airfare costs upon your registration.